TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED SHIPPING OVERVIEW
Thank you for trusting Vivino for your wine orders! In order to ensure that your wine is protected from the elements during transport, Vivino has developed a comprehensive program for temperature controlled shipping:
- All shipments to Non-West Coast states (CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, WY, NV, AZ, CO, NM) will be sent via temperature controlled truck to the closest regional hub. These facilities, referred to as "gateways", are temperature controlled and located strategically throughout the country.
- Once a shipment arrives at the gateway*, it will be transferred to UPS or Fedex for the final part of its journey
* Note that ice packs (if ordered) will be added to your package at this time.
SHIPPING SCHEDULES FOR TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED SHIPMENTS
All orders placed before 1pm EST on Wednesday will be shipped out on Friday of the same week. All orders placed after this time will be stored in a temperature controlled warehouse and shipped out the following Friday.
Delivery times, therefore, may take 8-14 days from order date, accounting for fulfillment, 4-5 days shipment to the regional hub, and 1-2 days for local delivery.
If you would like a more expeditious delivery option, please select 2-Day or Overnight Shipping.
Tracking information will not be available for your shipment until it reaches the regional hub, due to the fact that the shipment is sent via common (temperature controlled) carrier and there is no individual tracking number for the package.
You will however receive a confirmation email indicating that your shipment has left the West Coast warehouse and is en route to your closest regional hub. Your order will say "UPS Label Created", but this label will not be scanned until it reaches the regional hub.
Once the shipment reaches the regional hub, you will be able to track your package (likely 4-5 days after shipping date). At this point, the package is en route to your home/office.
KEY ADVANTAGES OF TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED SHIPPING
- Your wine can be protected from environmental damage for the entirety of its journey
- This service is provided to you at no additional cost